We use a range of strategies to ensure the issues that are important to people with ME are addressed. They include:
- talking with NHS and social care organisations locally and nationally to improve the treatment and care for people with ME.
- working with professional associations and organisations concerned with standards and best practice to ensure the quality of care received by people with ME.
- talking with Ministers, politicians and civil servants to raise key issues and influence policy appropriately.
- responding to relevant consultations from Government and others.
- forming alliances with other organisations to push for change. WAMES is a member of the Long term Conditions Alliance Cymru and the Wales Neurological Alliance. Also the West Wales Neurological Alliance (WWNA), the Montgomeryshire Alliance of Neurological Groups and Organisations (MANGO), the South West Wales Neurological Alliance (SWWNA), the South Gwynedd Long Term Conditions Alliance (SGLTCA).
- listening to people with ME to bring their experiences to the attention of decision makers, in order to illustrate campaign messages as powerfully as possible.
- conducting surveys of people with ME, service providers etc. to get information to support our campaigns.
- Informing the media.