Storytelling for Health International Conference
The conference will acknowledge and celebrate the importance and growth of storytelling for health and to understand and promote good practice and new research.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017, 19:00 – Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 17:00
- Several town centre venues, Swansea
- Saturday children’s workshop – free
- Saturday evening music and poetry £5
- Friday or Saturday only £40
- Full ticket £75
- If you have access or dietary needs please let the organisers know via the website.
The conference aims to be accessible to everyone: artists, healthcare staff and academics. There will be something for everyone. Students or unwaged can work as a volunteer on the conference in exchange for a free place.
More info re programme, walking map to venues and accommodation links etc: www.artsinhealth.wales/conference
Drawing Cancer by Jac Soarsa – new work informed by residency on ward 12 at Singleton Hospital, Swansea
The conference is presented by ABMU Health Board in collaboration with The George Ewart Centre for Storytelling at the University of South Wales, The University of Wales Trinity St Davids, Swansea University, The Learned Society of Wales, Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, The National Waterfront Museum and Volcano Theatre.