WAMES fundraising challenge – could you be a regular donor?
WAMES needs a sustainable income, one we can rely on long term. Unfortunately nearly everything we do costs money.
Currently we are spending a lot of time applying for grants, but:
- this means we take time out from campaigning, updating the website, producing the magazine etc.
- few funders offer grants for running costs and campaign costs and some only give a proportion of a project’s costs.
Running costs: 20% of WAMES expenditure
Campaign costs: 45% of WAMES expenditure
Could you become a regular donor?
- by setting up a Direct Debit with your bank – large or small
- organising a regular fundraising activity
- donating a percentage of earnings from your hobby e.g. sale of cakes or fudge, greeting cards, plants, babysitting, tutoring
- raise funds every time you shop by signing up to Easy fundraising http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/