Have you used or might you need an advocate?
Independent Advocacy supports people to:
- Express their views, wishes and concerns
- Access information and services
- Defend and promote their rights and responsibilities
- Explore choices and options
- Speak on behalf of people who are unable to do so for themselves.
- Empower those in need of advocacy concerning present issues to develop the skills and confidence to advocate for themselves when addressing future issues
Advocacy services are being commissioned across the 3 counties. The consultation is particularly aimed at people who have used or potentially would use advocacy – advocacy partners, service users, citizens, clients – whatever term you use, and those who support those people; carers and relatives, local charities, support services, social services employees. Commissioning Officers from the 3 local authorities will be there.
Take part by answering the questionnaire about advocacy for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire