Disability Rights UK reports on 5 May 2016 that: Benefit cap hurts disabled people and carers
The latest benefit cap figures show effect on disabled people and carers.
At February 2016, of those capped households:
- 14 % were claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- 51% were claiming Income Support (which includes carers).
- 16% were claiming Employment and Support Allowance (Assessment Stage and Work -Related Activity Group only).
- 7% were claiming Carer’s Allowance.
- 92% were claiming Child Tax Credits. 1 % were claiming Housing Benefit only.