Enabling Wales Training Programme 2015 for disabled young people and adults
At: Hafan Cymru, Stephens Way, Pensarn, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, SA31 2BG
Join Disability Wales at a unique Project that will provide an innovative development and training programme consisting of six training modules.
Young Enabling Wales will be providing the confidence and peer support that young people (16+) need to stand up for their rights, equality and shape their generations future. It will help young disabled people gain a range of skills and knowledge that will support them to take active roles as leaders, champions and role models, both nationally and in their community
- Programme Introduction Session for Young Disabled People (between the ages of 16-25) – 23rd March 2015 Programme Introduction Session for disabled adults – 24th March both modules will include setting up Action Learning Sets.
- Disability Equality Training – 8th April
- Working Together – 29th April
- Engaging with Local and National Democratic Processes – 30th April
- Two Action Learning Sets – 16th April & 21st May
- Planning Ahead – 28th May
NB Disability Wales recognises to the Social Model of Disability which recognises that people are disabled more by poor design, inaccessible services and other people’s attitudes than by their impairment (i.e. an injury, illness, or congenital condition that is likely to cause a long-term effect on physical appearance and / or limitation of function).