Chronic Disease Self Management Programme
The CDSMP is an EPP Cymru course to help people who live with a long term health condition to maintain and improve their quality of life through self-management.
What does the course involve?
Six weekly sessions, each lasting two and a half hours (including breaks and refreshments). They are very varied. There are brief talks, discussions and freethinking sessions.
The course is about learning important general skills, not specific to any one condition, including:
- managing your symptoms
- dealing with stress
- depression and low self-image
- managing pain
- developing coping skills
- learning ways to relax and eating healthily
- working more closely with those caring for you
- planning for the future.
Book your place in advance as spaces fill up quickly.
- Llandudno: Craig y Don Community Centre, Tues 30 April – 4 June 2019, 2-4.30 pm
- Llangefni: Canolfan Ebeneser, Wed 1 May – 5 June 2019, 10 – 12.30
- Llanberis community centre, Wed 1 May – 5 June 2019, 2-4.30 pm
- Connah’s Quay Health Centre, Thurs 2 May – 6 June 2019, 10 – 12.30
- Ysbyty Alltwen: Fri 3 May – 7 June 2019, 2-4.30 pm
- Capel y Groes, Wrexham: Fri 3 May – 7 June 2019, 10 – 12.30
To book a place on one of the above courses, please contact the Self Care Office:
- 03000 852280 / 03000 852281
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NB Some people with ME may find this course helpful, others won’t. Please check the details carefully to make sure it is relevant for you and you are well enough to cope.