In May, 2014, The Andrews Report – ‘Trusted to Care’ was published, which highlighted some very poor standards of care in the Princess of Wales and Neath Port Talbot Hospital. ABMU Health Board has accepted the findings and recommendations of the report. As part of their efforts to improve services throughout the Health Board they are asking for people’s views either by:
- completing a short online survey by Fri 5 Sep
- email them at ABM.firstname.lastname@example.org
- text them on 07507 319562
- or ring their special voicemail: 01639 684468 and leave a message.
- “In Your Shoes” workshops: 15-20 patients and a similar number of staff will attend each workshop to talk about common experiences and identify what they could focus on to make the biggest difference to you. Patients who have experienced care in Morriston, Singleton, Neath Port Talbot and/or the Princess of Wales hospitals in 2014 are invited to put themselves forward for these workshops during 8-27 September. This could be on a ward as an inpatient, attending a clinic appointment, or having tests at one or more of the hospitals. By Email: ABM.email@example.com By text: 07507 319562 By voicemail: (01639) 684468
They will respond to you within two working days. Their webpage provides details of what they are now doing to turn the report’s recommendations into actions. It also contains links to key documents and other information. They will be updating it regularly over the coming months, and reporting progress.