The 6-week course in Stress Control will help you to understand stress, how it can affect you and how to control it. Each week you will learn new Stress Control skills and will learn how to fit these into your own personal Stress Control toolkit.
The six sessions are:
- Learning about stress
- Controlling your body
- Controlling your thoughts
- Controlling your actions
- Controlling panic and sleep problems
- Boosting wellbeing and looking to the future
Each person on the course receives a free Stress Control manual, containing course information, home activities and an audio CD of various mindfulness and relaxation activities. You can download the separate sections of the manual and access the audio here
Stress can affect all of us, whether we are young or old, male or female, rich or poor. Experiencing problems with stress doesn’t mean that we’re stupid, weak or mad. Stress is normal.
- Tuesday 6th March – 10th April 2018 5-7 pm
- Venue: Groundwork Wales, Ty Mynyddislwyn Environment Centre, Bryn Road,
Pontllanfraith, Blackwood, NP12 2BH
- Wednesday 7th March – 11th April 2018 4-6pm
- Venue: Seminar Room 1, Caerphilly Library, The Twyn, Caerphilly CF83 1JL
All courses above are designed to be as accessible as possible, no personal details are taken, no referral or prior booking is required, and the non-interactive format ensures that nobody is put on the spot or asked to discuss any personal problems. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative, all are welcome. Just turn up!
More info: see the Aneurin Bevan Health Board website or contact the information centre on 0330 053 5596 & select option 2