The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Galleries: ME Facts & Quotes From Wales
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- Healthcare: Caring for the patient with severe or very severe ME/CFS
- NICE will announce guideline decision next week
- Research review: Potential implications of TRPM7 in ME/CFS
- Diagnostic test research: Autoantibodies & receptors correlate with symptom severity, autonomic dysfunction & disability in ME/CFS
- House of Lords Q&A: NICE & ME/CFS