The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists suspect that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- more possible reasons
- Neural based assessment of mind wandering during a fatigue inducing motor task: is task failure due to fatigue or distraction?”
- The development of a consistent Europe-wide approach to investigating the economic impact of ME/CFS
- Systemic hyperalgesia in females with Gulf War Illness, CFS & FM
- The presence of overlapping quality of life symptoms in primary antibody deficiency (PAD) & CFS
- Video: ME & PEM (Post Exertional Malaise)