The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Galleries: ME Facts & Quotes From Wales
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- Subgroup research: Tryptophan metabolites, cytokines & FAPB-2 in ME/CFS
- Raise funds for WAMES by shopping with an Amazon smile!
- Research: Limbic perfusion is reduced in patients with ME/CFS
- Hypothesis: An attempt to explain the neurological symptoms of ME/CFS
- Research: Understanding the molecular changes of PEM in ME/CFS