The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- Insights into metabolite diagnostic biomarkers for ME/CFS
- WAMES is growing to meet the challenges of 2021
- New study shows reduced ability to regulation of the cardiovascular system in patients with ME/CFS
- Dissecting the nature of Post-Exertional Malaise
- APPG on ME meets 19 April 2021: impact of COVID-19 on people with ME/CFS