The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- How common are depression & anxiety in adolescents with CFS?
- Using plasma autoantibodies of Central Nervous System proteins to distinguish veterans with Gulf War Illness from healthy & symptomatic controls
- Characterization of post–exertional malaise in patients with ME/CFS
- An analysis of 2‐day cardiopulmonary exercise testing to assess unexplained fatigue
- Online talk: ME/CFS and long Covid in children & young people with Dr Nigel Speight, 24 Sep 2020