The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- “That’s why they don’t believe you, you don’t look sick!”: creating medical credibility & patient visibility for ME/CFS through television
- Dr Anthony Fauci says that post-covid syndrome “is highly suggestive of” ME
- NICE Statement about graded exercise therapy in the context of COVID-19
- Altered structural brain networks related to adrenergic/muscarinic receptor autoantibodies in CFS
- Achieving symptom relief in patients with ME by targeting the neuro-immune interface & inducing disease tolerance