The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- The evidence base for physiotherapy in ME/CFS
- Viruses belonging to anelloviridae or circoviridae as a possible cause of chronic fatigue
- Webinar 3 Feb 2021: 5 steps to mental wellbeing
- Demystifying ME/CFS: talk by Dr Shepherd, Dr Muirhead & Caroline Kingdon RN
- WAMES needs a volunteer Virtual Office Manager