The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Galleries: ME Facts & Quotes From Wales
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- Petition: Fund research into any relationship between microclots & long Covid & ME
- Biomarker research: Submaximal exercise provokes increased activation of the anterior DMN during the resting state as a biomarker of PEM in ME/CFS
- Research review: Brainstem abnormalities in ME/CFS… evaluation of MRI findings
- Llais Niwro/Neuro Voices Project – join a support group
- Research: Experiences…on educational adaptations for students with CFS/ME (Norway)