The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support (WAMES) works in Wales to improve the lives of people with ME, CFS & PVFS, their families and carers.
Like WAMES on Facebook
Follow WAMES on Twitter
Find out how to
make a difference for ME
ME & Coronavirus / Covid-19
People with neurological conditions are considered to be at higher risk from catching Covid-19, although it is uncertain exactly how the virus might affect people with ME.
ME specialists find that:
- it is likely to cause a relapse, or significant exacerbation of symptoms
- the cells protecting you against viruses are less functional because they are overworked
- there are other possible reasons
- NICE ME/CFS draft guideline: supporting people with ME/CFS in work, education & training
- Cardiff University ME/CFS Family Impact Study – participants needed
- NICE ME/CFS draft guideline: training for health & social care professionals
- NICE ME/CFS draft guideline – make adjustments to help patients access services
- Podcast – Long COVID & ME/CFS