We use a range of strategies to ensure the issues that are important to people with ME are addressed. They include:
- talking with NHS and social care organisations locally and nationally to improve the treatment and care for people with ME.
- working with professional associations and organisations concerned with standards and best practice to ensure the quality of care received by people with ME.
- talking with Ministers, politicians and civil servants to raise key issues and influence policy appropriately.
- responding to relevant consultations from Government and others.
- forming alliances with other organisations to push for change. WAMES is a member of the Long term Conditions Alliance Cymru and the Wales Neurological Alliance. Also the South West Wales Neurological Alliance (SWWNA) and the South Gwynedd Long Term Conditions Alliance (SGLTCA).
- listening to people with ME to bring their experiences to the attention of decision makers, in order to illustrate campaign messages as powerfully as possible.
- conducting surveys of people with ME, service providers etc. to get information to support our campaigns.
- Informing the media.