Which term best describes a key symptom for you?
- Post-Exertional Malaise (PEM) (40%, 4 Votes)
- Post-Exertional Neuroimmune Exhaustion (PENE) (40%, 4 Votes)
- ill and weak (10%, 1 Votes)
- exhaustion (10%, 1 Votes)
- low / fluctuating energy (0%, 0 Votes)
- fatigue (0%, 0 Votes)
- other (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 10
Email us if you chose option 7, or have any comments on this poll.
Post-Exertional Malaise (PEM) – inappropriate loss of physical and mental stamina, rapid muscular and cognitive fatigability, malaise and/or fatigue, and/or pain and a tendency for other symptoms to worsen, with a slow recovery period [Canadian guidelines]
Post- Exertional Neuroimmune Exhaustion (PENE) – pathological low threshold of physical and mental fatigability, exhaustion, pain, and an abnormal exacerbation of symptoms in response to exertion. It is followed by a prolonged recovery period. [International guidelines]