A Webinar on Autoimmune Causes of Chronic Pain has been posted on the Pain Research Forum website on 26 Jun 2014.
Speaker: Andreas Goebel, of the University of Liverpool and The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool.
After his talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Anne Louise Oaklander, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, US
- Nathan Staff, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, US
- Angela Vincent, University of Oxford, UK
- Marzia Malcangio, King’s College London, UK
Topics addressed by Andreas Goebel during his talk, titled Autoantibody Pain, included:
- What is the evidence for a role of autoantibodies in causing chronic pain?
- How can serendipity be utilized to learn more?
- Overview on potential mechanisms of autoantibody pain.
- What are the therapeutic implications of this novel concept?
- How can we begin to deliver the evidence required for treatment of patients?