Are you good with figures?
WAMES is looking for a Treasurer
The Treasurer’s role is critical to the work of WAMES and will be a key member of the Finance & Fundraising Team.
It is an exciting time for the ME community in Wales as health services are being developed throughout the country, new awareness opportunities are appearing as face-to-face meetings are starting up again, and a new website is planned. WAMES is VERY busy!
The role of the treasurer is to:
- ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained so we know how much money we have received and how much we are spending
- give the management committee an understanding of WAMES’ financial affairs and advise on budgets, funding needs etc.
The management committee shares the responsibility for keeping WAMES solvent (and we are insured!) but we need one (or two) people to keep the accounts and records accurate and the charity legal.
Our AGM is planned for March 2024 and this would be a good time to meat the Team. No knowledge of ME is necessary so please ask friends, families and colleagues if they would like to join a friendly Team working hard to support and advocate for a growing number of ill and disabled Welsh residents.
- Training can be arranged & expenses will be paid
- Most tasks can be carried out from home
- Team meetings are virtual so internet access must be possible
- ‘Role share’ is possible
- You don’t have to be knowledgeable about ME
- The posts will give useful experience to add to your CV