The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (IACFS/ME) has published a Primer for clinical practitioners. It is available as a PDF file and is free to download, though donations are invited. A 42 page spiral bound print booklet can be purchased for $15 from the BookPatch website.
ME/CFS: a Primer for Clinical Practitioners has been developed by an international team of practitioners led by Dr Fred Friedberg.
Highlights of the Primer include:
- A summary of the pathophysiological effects of ME/CFS to date
- A user-friendly diagnostic worksheet utilizing the Canadian Consensus Criteria
- Straightforward treatment suggestions covering an array of ME/CFS symptoms
- Emphasis on post-exertional malaise and activity management
- Sections on special populations/ problems (e.g. severely affected, pediatric ME/CFS, pregnancy)