WAMES aims to make our website easy to use and accessible to people with ME, and their friends, carers and families by using:
- clear, straight forward language that can be easily understood and avoids the use of jargon and explains any technical terms
- a layout which includes short paragraphs, bullet points to break up the text, headings to structure the text and short pages to make pages easier to follow
- plain backgrounds to pages so that attention is not distracted from the text
- a colour contrast that enables people with vision problems to distinguish between different types of content
- images with descriptive titles and/or additional written detail
- easy-to-follow links that clearly identify the page that is linked to.