WAMES Annual General Meeting News, 2020
Our delayed AGM was held virtually on 26th September 2020. It was a lively meeting and we are excited about the future.
- Chair & Campaigns coordinator: Jan Russell
- Acting secretary: Tony Thompson
- Treasurer: Simon Horsman
- Youth & Care Officer, Media Contact & Helpline Coordinator: Sylvia Penny
- Volunteering Coordinator: Sharon Williams
We were pleased to welcome new volunteers, but unfortunately the volunteer secretary had to withdraw at the last minute. We’re grateful that Tony has agreed to step in, but we are now looking for new people to help share the load.
Our new treasurer will be getting to grips with our finances over the next couple of months but he has already pointed out that we spent more in 2019 than we received. We will need to find new ways to increase our income! All fundraisers welcome!
Exciting goals for our work during 2020/2021:
- Improve the efficiency of our administration of WAMES, expand our remote office working and recruit volunteers to job-share the administrative tasks.
- Improve the quality of our online information services and then work to make WAMES better known throughout Wales so patients and carers have the info and support they need.
- Raise awareness of ME and the post-viral link. Find better ways to explain post activity relapses (PEM) and how we can manage them.
WAMES’ aim is to:
give a national voice to people with ME, CFS and PVFS in Wales, their carers and families, in order to improve services, access to services, awareness and support.