- Diagnostic test research: C1q as a potential diagnostic tool for ME/CFS subtyping
- Hypothesis: Broken connections: the evidence for neuroglial failure in ME/CFS
- Research review: The enterovirus theory of disease etiology in ME/CFS
- NICE delays Roundtable – no invite for WAMES!
- Genetic research: Fine mapping of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) in ME/CFS
Tag Archives: iatrogenesis
Review article abstract: Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and the biopsychosocial model: a review of patient harm and distress in the medical encounter, by Keith J. Geraghty, Charlotte Blease in Disability and Rehabilitation [Published online: 21 Jun 2018] Objective: Despite the … Continue reading →
Article extracts: In 1977 George Engel wrote about the need for an ‘integrated approach’ in medicine that moved the focus beyond biological mechanisms of disease to include all pertinent aspects of illness presentation, setting out a ‘biopsychosocial model’.1 Around the … Continue reading →